acc. to EN ISO/IEC 17043
General information Current news Proficiency testing schemes Results of proficiency testing schemes General rules for participation Pricelist of proficiency testing Survey of interest Appeal form Accreditation
Who can participate in NDT Proficiency Testing?Interlaboratory comparisons of NDT labs within Proficiency Testing according to EN ISO/IEC 17043:2010, which is also called “Conformity assessment – General requirements on proficiency testing”, focuses on each NDT lab, for whom their approach to work is based on continuous improvements – continuous assessing their quality, efficiency and trust to their customers. Eventually, this shall be concern of certification bodies in the services the labs have been providing.
What are the goals in NDT Proficiency Testing?There are some typical goals for labs of Interlaboratory comparisons as follows:
- Performance assessment in quality of proceedings of NDT services; its quality comparisons
- Contributions to improvements of quality level of services in which each participant has been active
- Continuous improvements in management practises in NDT labs
- Contributions to building a trust and recognition of the customers for quality of each lab
- Compliance with accreditation requirements
ATG compliance as an NDT proficiency testing providerBased on the compliance with EN ISO/IEC 17043 requirements, ATG s.r.o. had been awarded an accreditation of the Czech Accreditation Institute in 2013 under the title “Proficiency Testing Provider ATG” (PTP ATG) and Valid certificate of accreditation.
In April 27, 2017, “Agreement of Mutual Recognition of Accredited Conformity Assessment Results EA MLA” for Proficiency testing according to EN ISO/IEC 17043 had been signed. This means that a test report or certificate issued by accredited body by an EA MLA signatory (such as ATG s.r.o.) is also recognized by the signatories to the IAF and ILAC multilateral agreements. Because of this, there is no need for these services to be re-tested, re-calibrated, re-inspected or re-certified in any other country.
Within granted accreditation of ATG, this EA MLA agreement has been applied for the area of Proficiency testing for NDT labs in MT, PT, RT, UT, VT, ET and LT methods.
Management of the process performed by the Proficiency Testing Provider ATGPTP ATG (Proficiency Testing Provider ATG) has regularly announced its calls for NDT Proficiency testing programs for MT, PT, RT, UT and VT methods on ATG’s websites (www.atg.cz), usually for welds. Moreover, the announcement of the calls for ET and LT methods and its typical products has been done upon requests from NDT labs.
After the filled-in application form has been submitted, the participation of NDT lab in the particular program can be realized and proceed. Minimum number of participants in program is 3 and maximum 15 labs. PTP ATG’s best effort is aim to every participant being received the results within 1 year period since the beginning of sequential distribution of the proficiency test items (samples).
Each participant in the program will be delivered by a package including:
- Detailed instructions for the participant
- Instructions for testing (Assignment)
- Proficiency test item (Sample)
- Form for registering testing results
When the program assessment has been done and PTP ATG registered an invoice payment from the particular lab, this participant is supposed to be provided with the following documents:
- Final report of the participant that includes specific performance assessment for particular lab with recommendations for corrective action to address any identified non-conformities. This report is subject to strict confidentiality and therefore, it is only provided to particular lab
- Summarizing final report that incorporates anonymous performance assessment of all participants in the program
- Certificate of participation and result in Proficiency testing program
For more informationUpdated information about PTP ATG’s activities and calls (application form, assignment), prices, anonymous results and statistics can be found on:
- ATG’s websites – www.atg.cz, in the section “Proficiency testing”(a green box below the list of NDT methods)
- Program Leader: Mr. Václav Jandura, Ph.D., Phone: +420 273 0037 627, E-mail: email@example.com
- Program Deputy Leader: Mr. Petr Tichý, Phone: +420 731 481 890, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Coordinator: Mr. Jiří Pitter, E-mail: email@example.com
Finally, some statisticsPTP ATG highlights the following figures since its accreditation received 4 years ago:
- 24 Programs in Proficiency testing for ET, MT, PT, RT, UT and VT have been announced
- 84 NDT labs from 17 European countries have been attended
- 240 is total number of participants in all programs
We offers training courses in English and Russian language as well.
Courses schedule 2019 [245 kB]
NDT products catalogue [5.51 MB]
ATG for EASA Part 145 [4 MB]
INFO Brochure 2019 [6.37 MB]
Products for NDT
Automotive and aerospace industry
Searching for new distributors